Alba Corrado’s 3d Class, Fall 2008, RISD

by lcguthrie

16″ x 20″ sketching vellum

This is the first paper folding assignment I completed in Alba’s class. It’s hard to gauge the scale, but those are tiny folds and it was a pain in the ass to do.

6″ x 3.5″ x 3.5″ sketching vellum

This was the second paper folding assignment. I had to redo it, I had originally miscalculated the angles on those folds you can see puckering on top.

11″ x 11″ x 1″ sketching vellum and acrylic paint

This was my final paper folding assignment which had to be constructed from identical modules. I wanted to create a sort of water lily type structure but had to change it at the last minute when my modules didn’t fit together the way I had hoped. The paint was still wet when I got to class, but Alba liked it.

3″ x 2″, “3.5” x 1.75″ plasticine modeling clay

These are my organic forms. The one on the right is loosely based on an illustration of a gourd flower I have. That’s really all there is to say about these.

3″ x 3.5″ plasticine modeling clay

This is the maquette I made of my acorn.

12″ x 12″ x 12″ plasticine modeling clay, aluminum wire, styrofoam

This is my final model of the acorn. This is what I used to make the plaster cast.

The pieces (3) of my plaster cast.

12″ x 12″ x 12″ plaster

This is my casting of that acorn. There are still a few final touch ups to do, plus a broken tip that needs to be repaired after shipping it across the country. I’ll post the finished piece once I get a workspace set up and can do those finishes.

Advertisements